At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Discover your future at Pandora.
As a member of our Technical Operations team, you will have the opportunity to assume a key role in maintaining the overall uptime, performance, and capacity of the Pandora service. You will have broad-based influence over the entire production site, including architectural design, performance analysis, capacity planning, DevOps, monitoring and troubleshooting. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. This is an excellent role for a seasoned professional with experience in a wide range of areas.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with UNIX/Linux administration.
- Strong experience with configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack).
- Experience using Docker, Vagrant or LXC and providing it to engineering as a development option.
- Understanding of the issues involved with mass-scaled microservice/SOA architectures and some of the tools used to deal with them (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Nomad, Consul).
- Demonstrable skill in it at least one scripting language (e.g. shell, Python, Ruby).
- Use and configuration of Log aggregation tools (e.g. Logstash, Loggly, Splunk, (r)syslog).
- Belief that code worth shipping is worth monitoring, and then you did just that (e.g Graphite, New Relic, Sentry).
- Experience with version control, preferably Git and/or Perforce.
- Extensive experience building, supporting, and troubleshooting multi-tier, high-volume, production web installations.
- Self-motivated, capable of managing your time well, and work efficiently without close supervision.
- Participation in 7x24x365 support rotation.
- Hands-on experience with build automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with complex networking including detailed understanding of TCP and of all levels of OSI stack.
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers.
- Experience managing CDN-like traffic patterns.
- Familiarity with the Debian Policy Guidelines.
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top