Designer & Developer (Ad Creative)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
Job Description Summary
You’re an exceptional visual designer who is also knowledgeable about the backend workings of rich-media advertising. As a Designer & Developer in Ad Content, you will work with Pandora’s Client Services and Ad Product Strategy teams to collaborate on determining the functionality, possibility, and scalability of custom executions, both stand-alone and within established ad products. Your curiosity doesn’t stop at a finished design, but persists through the end of a development run.
Our ideal candidate is an effective communicator, proactive problem-solver, and strategic multi-tasker who can partner with multiple teams to create custom solutions with your knowledge of JS/HTML/CSS/etc.
Ad Creative brings standard and rich media to millions of users daily. Our team specializes in crafting advertising and station experiences that resonate with the Pandora listener and artist through a personal, targeted listening experience, mirroring Pandora’s personalized delivery of music. From strategic rich media solutions to dynamic audio experiences, we take pride in creating content that is innovative, relevant, and effective.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has the drive and ability to combine their design and development skills within the space of visually dynamic, interaction-based advertising. This position resides within the Ad Creative team and reports into an Art Director/Creative Director. This job is located at our Oakland, CA office.
- Develop innovative and new experiences for Pandora Advertising and Custom Programs within the technical limitations of the Pandora platforms.
- Proactively ideate on new interactive advertising concepts to take to Sales
- Create best-in-class work with high level polish and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, and the ability to provide detailed explanation on creative choices
- Articulate and justify concepts and design solutions to Pandora leadership and client teams
- Collaborate in a cross functional capacity with other designers, product management, engineering, production and vendors to deliver polished final product
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, including web/mobile advertising, larger scope projects involving branding
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates experience in online/banner/mobile advertising
- Strong portfolio and/or work samples to present that demonstrate sound user-centered design solutions
- Expert proficiency in a variety of design tools including Illustrator, Photoshop
- Basic Illustration / Scamping / Storyboarding skills, a plus.
- After Effects knowledge is, a big plus!
- Comfortable knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and JQuery capabilities
- Work quickly, accurately, and professionally within tight deadlines and large volumes of work
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
Employee Experience & Inclusion Manager
Courtney articulates and amplifies Pandora’s talent brand, providing visibility and insight into its company culture. She also plays a big role in driving awareness of Pandora’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Back to top