Creative Operations Lead, Ad Creative
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
As a Creative Operations Lead, you will provide senior level project management to drive innovation in new advertising opportunities on Pandora. You will serve as a strategic partner to creative teams across Pandora, as well as leaders in Product, Ad Product Strategy, Sales, and Engineering to create and maintain the highest standards of quality and efficiency for ad products and amplified features. The ideal candidate is an expert project and programming manager who is creative, flexible, insights-driven, strategic, extremely savvy with design and advertising worlds, an expert communicator and collaborator, passionate about problem-solving, and dedicated to excellence.
Interactive advertising enables Pandora to bring advertisers and listeners together with creative that drives engagement and increases time spent listening. Our team specializes in crafting advertising and station experiences that resonate with the Pandora listener and artist through a personal, targeted listening experience, mirroring Pandora’s personalized delivery of music. From strategic rich media solutions to dynamic audio experiences, we take pride in creating content that is innovative, relevant, and effective.
We are looking to develop our strategic operations leadership within Advertising Creative, and your role will be crucial in enabling our multi-disciplined and multi-faceted team to produce new, dynamic advertising experiences. This job is located at our Oakland, CA office.
- Partner with management to lead strategic planning, execution, and tracking of Ad Creative team projects
- Provide senior-level project and program management support to drive strategy in new advertising product experiences, serving as the key operations leader for the creative team and key company partners by:
- Driving discovery and exploration of new Amplified Features and Custom Ad Executions that cross-functionally employ standard product executions and rich media solutions
- Leading innovation and alignment of internal and cross-departmental processes, including creative strategy development, resource planning and deployment, and cross-team and client communications
- Partnering with team to develop insights-driven, best-in-class creative that meets client objectives and Pandora business goals
- Building clear rapport and process with company stakeholders, serving as the first point of Ad Creative contact to lead troubleshooting and cross-functional working groups; representing Ad Creative to Engineering and Product Management & Design around ad product changes
- Leading new ad product Beta and Go-To-Market phases for the Ad Creative team
- Actively research advertising and media industry trends, systems, and tools to drive innovative creative strategy and effective resource management
- Partner with APS, Sales Research, and Ad Effectiveness to drive data analysis and reporting, supporting strategic analysis and insights for cross-functional creative work
- Partner with management to support training and mentorship of production coordinators, project managers, developers and designers as needed
- BA/BS or relevant work experience
- 6+ years creative operations or project management experience; decisive, clear, proven ability to lead teams through complex work with multiple objectives to consensus
- Expertise in written and verbal communication, high emotional intelligence
- Extremely high attention to detail and organization
- Software experience:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Outlook
- Understanding of Photoshop layers, fonts, vector files; Illustrator and InDesign
- Project management software, Atlassian Confluence and JIRA a plus
- Familiarity with ad serving technologies and html
- Data analysis experience, with an eye toward insight-driven recommendations and decisions
- Ability to remain extremely focused when handling multiple projects, deadlines, and stakeholders
- Driven self-starter who enjoys working independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Passion for design, advertising, and music is a plus!
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top