Creative Director, Display Advertising
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We have an excellent opportunity for a skilled Creative Director to join Advertising Creative Services at Pandora. This role will collaborate with design and development leadership to create engaging display ads in a demanding, fast-paced environment. The focus of the role will be to partner with our agency relations, ad product strategy, sales organizations, and multi-disciplinary creative teams to help win new business and extend existing business. You will work with clients and creative agencies to direct full-scale advertising campaigns from concept to completion, helping to further define creative best practices and inspire the best possible experience for the Pandora listener.
Our ideal candidate is a driven and inspirational creative leader who will charismatically tell the Pandora advertising story. You expertly communicate with clients and coworkers, strategically multitask, and proactively solve problems, all while meeting tight production deadlines. You make decisions confidently and quickly in an effort to support Pandora’s big-picture creative vision. You are a thought-leader at the intersection of technology, design, music, and storytelling and can strategically drive Pandora into the future of extraordinary listening experiences on the platform.
- Lead strategic efforts to create best-in-class advertising campaigns
- Define and develop advertising creative best practices to create compelling assets and influence client-produced efforts
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop communication and creative workflow process
- Manage a creative sample library and creative narrative to provide best-in-class resources for client and internal company partners
- Evolve and innovate our creative strategy in-market and evangelize the power of creative in effective advertising on Pandora
- Strategically and charismatically represent the Advertising Creative team to collaborate with clients, creative agencies, and internal partners (some travel required)
- Partner with Creative leaders, Dev, Ad Product Strategy, and Product to innovate on new technology and listening experiences across Pandora’s suite of advertising solutions; drive creative solutions across standard, amplified, and custom ad products
- Manage a team of designers and art directors
- Provide thoughtful creative feedback and coaching to inspire innovative ideas and career growth
- Ensure quality and timely design and communication with creative teammates, company partners, and external clients
- Provide critical creative thinking, critiques, and mentorship to creative teammates to help shape best in class work
- 8+ years as a senior creative lead with digital design oversight; 10+ years of overall advertising agency experience preferred
- Progressive and dynamic leadership style inspiring transparency and collaboration
- Proven experience in advertising, marketing, and communications; ability to think both strategically and tactically, concept through execution
- Outstanding portfolio demonstrating best-in-class advertising work, preferably across multiple disciplines
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and analytical/qualitative skills
- Passionate, engaging, and inspiring speaker
- Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross-functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals
- BA/BS or relevant work experience
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top