At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
Pandora is seeking an experienced advertising attorney to join Pandora’s advertising sales support team. This person should have at least 6-8 years of direct experience, of which 4 should come from an in-house environment. The right person for this position must be a team player with highly collaborative interpersonal skills. This individual will take pride in personal excellence, display a high level of energy and possess a proven ability to thrive in an environment with frequently shifting priorities. No task is too small – we do our own faxing and filing.
Responsible for reviewing and negotiating sales agreements with advertisers, agencies and third parties in support of sales and sales operations, while driving such contracts to close in a timely, pro-business manner. This will include negotiation of master services agreements, standard terms and conditions, and sponsorship agreements. The person will work with internal groups, such as sales operations and finance, to drive continuous improvement, constructive problem solving and consensus, and to establish appropriate policies and procedure for effective and efficient support of the sales function.
Attorneys who are members of the Business Transactions Group typically have a primary focus in one or two areas, but often work in other areas of transactional needs that we support: Sales and Commercial Contracts, Artists and Events, Technology Licensing, Product Compliance and Privacy. This person will be the first lawyer in the Chicago office and should be comfortable with direct and active interaction with key clients across a diverse set of legal issues.
- At least 4 years of in-house legal department experience, providing legal support to sales teams for digital advertising or to media buying teams in an advertising agency or similar in-house position
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal transactions and drive them to close
- Detailed, hands on experience with IAB/AAAA Ad Unit Guidelines and other related contracts
- An excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills, experienced at drafting commercial contracts
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal and external clients
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature and calm under fire
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast paced environment, but be focused when needed on the matter at hand
- JD received from a well-respected U.S. law school
- Admission to the State Bar of Illinois preferred. Registered In-House Counsel is acceptable, provided the individual is licensed in at least one U.S. state
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top