- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
We are seeking a highly motivated contracts manager to join Sirius XM/Pandora to assist the legal team in supporting our AdsWizz and Simplecast businesses on legal issues relating to commercial agreements, content hosting, podcasting, marketing and advertising technology matters. The right person for this position must be a team player with highly collaborative interpersonal skills. This individual will take pride in personal excellence, display a high level of energy and possess a proven ability to thrive in an environment with frequently shifting priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist counsel in reviewing a wide range of commercial and technology agreements, including strategic business agreements, platform agreements, reseller agreements, technology license agreements, hosting agreements, and service agreements.
- Drive continuous improvement of contract process and ongoing contract management, provide constructive problem solving, and establish appropriate policies and procedure for effective and efficient support of business functions.
- Conduct legal trainings to educate business teams on various legal issues, processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certificate from an accredited paralegal program preferred
- 3+ years direct experience with at least 2 years of in-house legal department experience, providing legal support to transactional and marketing teams
Requirements and General Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal transactions and drive them to close
- Detailed, hands on experience with advertising technology, content hosting and podcasting
- Experience with DMCA
- Experience developing workflow strategies for high contract volume
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with clients
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen, is detail-oriented, and is confident, mature and calm under pressure
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast paced environment, but be focused when needed on the matter at hand
- Experience with technology company preferred
- Desire and ability to work on a wide variety of matters, including those outside of subject-matter expertise
- Strong analytical skills and good judgment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver accurate and effective legal documents
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Word processing and document management capabilities, including Microsoft Office, document comparison applications, document management systems and communication and collaboration applications.
- Familiarity with Adobe Sign and other contract management and legal department management tools is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top