Communications Manager ANZ
We’re looking for an experienced, mid-level communications manager with 5 years of communications & PR experience, ideally in both agency and in-house settings. Reporting to the Group Marketing Director, the role will be responsible for creating and driving the PR strategy and effectively telling our successful brand story in the Australian and New Zealand markets.
This role will work across a variety of Pandora listener, product and B2B communications campaigns, building and leveraging relationships with media to help better tell Pandora’s story and demonstrate real value to our listeners, ad partners, music makers and investors.
Candidates should demonstrate an expertise in storytelling, news judgment, products and show deep passion for music and Pandora’s mission to be the go-to source for music.
- Work closely with various Pandora product, business development and communications teams to develop campaigns focused on how Pandora helps people connect with their favourite artists and discover new music, and business partners derive value from our innovative platform and products.
- Develop and execute proactive media campaigns that increase awareness of Pandora products, both during launch moments and by identifying evergreen story angles.
- Work with a range of press, including consumer and technology reporters, to drive our work and narratives.
- Manage multiple high-level projects simultaneously and work well cross functionally both internally and with external agencies.
- Writing communications such as op-eds, press releases, media pitches, talking points, presentations and messaging to help drive Pandora’s product and business strategy and vision.
- Provide strategic counsel and act as a trusted communications advisor for internal employee communications activities.
- Identify and pitch strong stories related to Pandora to contacts across consumer, music and tech press.
- Bachelor's degree required in English, Communications or related field, with an understanding/experience in the music and/or technology industry.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience in communications, either consumer or product communication focused.
- Experience working with reporters who cover content related to consumer, music or technology-focused audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with a special ability to cut through with a succinct, modern communication style.
- Experience with project management and decision-making.
- Experience in managing teams and working with PR agencies and contractors
- Ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
Back to top