Commercial Development Manager
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
The Music Makers Group is responsible for developing specialized products and services that deliver on Pandora’s promise to strengthen the bonds between artists and their fans. Teams spanning Industry Relations, Custom Content, Events, Marketing, Product, Operations, and Analytics work collaboratively to identify, source, and deliver compelling artist programs with their fans on Pandora.
Pandora is looking for a Commercial Development Manager to partner with cross-functional teams to lead the development, comms and enablement of insights driven, content and promotional programs for our music industry partners. These programs will be highly customized, dynamic, cross-functional and innovative and help our partners achieve a variety of objectives: brand awareness/audience building, promote album/single, and/or sell tickets to a concert or festival.
You should be a polished communicator who can translate conceptual thinking into actionable program packages. You should be able to work autonomously but thrive on collaboration. You should enjoy working in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. Excellent relationship-building skills, communication capabilities, and project management skills are crucial. And, of course, you should love music.
- Develops business approaches for translating demand from industry partners into coherent and compelling campaigns & delivery for Artists, Labels, Managers, Agents, Venues and/or Promoters
- Collaborate with full MMG team and partner organizations by building strong relationships and work closely across all internal teams including the Music Makers Group, Business Development, Design, Product, Sales Marketing, Sales Development, & Brand Marketing
- Define program strategy, scope, objectives and ensure smooth hand-off to Project Managers who will drive execution of deliverables throughout lifecycle of program
- Create integrated proposals leveraging solutions from Pandora, Ticketfly, & Next Big Sound
- Assume leadership role on codification of ideas and concepts across multiple cross-functional teams, ensuring relevant teams are activated at the right time during the ideation cycle
- Evaluate dynamic music industry ecosystem to understand the promotional needs of Artists, Labels, Managers, Venues and/or Promoters and how Pandora can offer products and services to help them meet their objectives
- Assist the Industry Relations team with presentations of program packages and ongoing relationship management with key label and industry partners
- Mentor junior team members
- 5+ years working in a consulting, business development, or related role
- 5+ years experience working with or in the music industry
- Deep experience defining go-to-market plans and managing their execution from end-to-end
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills with internal & external audiences; polished and professional demeanor
- Proven ability to build VP-level relationships, to lead cross-functional teams without direct management authority and to influence decision-making
- Excellent Powerpoint & communication skills
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills
- Education: BA/BS in Business, Economics, or related field; MBA or related Masters is a plus
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top