Business Intelligence Solution Architect
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
We have a great opportunity available for a Business Intelligence Solution Architect. This position is responsible for the end-to-end solution design of key business intelligence processes across various enterprise functions including but not limited digital Order to Cash, Revenue Management, Sales, Marketing, Procure to Pay, Plan to Report, Hire to Retire etc. using as traditional enterprise analytics tools (Oracle Data Warehouse, Birst, Oracle BI Apps, Tableau) as well as new emerging Big Data technologies like Hadoop. A strong customer focus, expertise on data analysis & architecture and a basic domain knowledge of finance, subscription operations, workforce intelligence & digital operations is a must for this role. As a member of our highly motivated and collaborative team you will assume a key role in working in collaboration with the enterprise analytics engineering team as well as various key stakeholders.
- Architect mission critical, enterprise-wide global Data Warehouse, Big Data & BI platform for a high level of availability, fault tolerance and high performance
- Deliver projects by authoring/reviewing Business Solution Design, functional design
- Provide insights and define the approach in analytics in areas of Finance, FP&A, Procurement and Spend, HR/HCM, Sales Analytics including Order Management, CRM, Marketing, Projects and other business areas
- Help determining long term roadmap of BI tools, platforms and innovative ways to measure effectiveness of business processes
- Work closely with Engineering team to help implement development standards and best practices
- Create conceptual, logical and physical data models and determines the most appropriate method to represent the data for business consumption. This includes all forms of physical representation of data, such as relational, dimensional, object, key-value (such as column families), and graph.
- Develop clear definitions for data elements and document data lineage where applicable
- Develops worked examples to promote understanding of data changes from source to integration to Business Intelligence (BI) delivery layers
Captures metadata for data elements
- Document the source-to-target mappings for both data integration as well as web services (consumer/provider mappings) that can be easily understood by the project team members with data quality and transformation rules
- Identify and document sources of existing data as well as the new data
- Understand use of master and reference data including sources and contributors
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, classifies the information in logical categories
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders to understand data-driven business processes and strategy
- Participate in verifying and supporting a high-availability enterprise analytics operational environment
- 10 years of experience in the Data Analytics and Architecture
- 5-6 years in Data modeling and SQL
- 5 years of experience in BI Visualization Tools (BIRST, Tableau, Pentaho, Business Objects, Cognos)
- Master Data Management
- Understanding of Hadoop, ETL, OLAP, Hive, Pig, Spark, AWS Redshift, Python
- 3 years in Data Integration and Architecture
- Strong experience in information technology data analysis and architecture
- Data profiling & Data mapping
- Data modeling – conceptual, logical, physical, and relational
- Data cleansing
- Data visualization
- SQL – for queries, profiling, and analysis
- A team-oriented, collaborative attitude with the ability to foster cooperation between business stakeholders, Pandora technical teams, and third-party solution providers
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, quantitative research or related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top