Board Operator, Talk Programming
- Washington, DC
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Responsible for the operation and quality of all studio equipment during live and pre-recorded programs. Takes direction from producers, talent and directors, and participates in the creation of the sound image for assigned programs. Incumbents of this position may be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning prior to going on air, reporting technical problems and equipment malfunctions.
- Runs the audio console for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
- Ensures studio sound equipment is functioning properly during programs.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Works with producers and talent on following programming clocks to ensure that all content and advertisements are aired as planned.
- Works with producers, talent and directors to develop creative sound ideas to enhance program content.
- Chooses sound effects and music to enhance program image.
- Coordinates the appropriate mix of music and sound for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
- Provides cues and support to talent to facilitate program continuity.
- Screens incoming calls and selectively chooses callers to go on-air, for the purpose of enhancing program content.
- Puts listener calls through to on-air talent and ends calls.
- Works with producers to create / edit "Best of..." programs from archives of past shows for weekend or special re-broadcasting needs.
- May assist with some pre and post show production, including editing and swiping shows for On Demand.
- May assist producers with providing hosts with show content, including updates and breaking news stories.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience running an audio board.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Strong knowledge of various programming genres.
- Interest in pop culture and current events.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Ability to work weekends occasionally on an as-needed basis
- Experience with Zetta and digital audio editing software (Audition, Pro Tools, etc.) is preferred
- General knowledge on operating studio console and related sound equipment.
- Mixing and coordinating sound elements into a professional sounding on-air product.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top