Audio Editor, Sports Newsroom
- New York, NY
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Audio Editor to coordinate feeds, editing of sports sound and operation of equipment. Work will include evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Edit live interviews, identify and pull relevant soundbytes for updates.
- Edit live sports games, identify and pull relevant highlights for news updates.
- Record and edit live press conferences and teleconferences.
- Be the liaison between the newsroom and engineering when we have equipment issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- 1 year experience with sound editing and sports newsroom operation in a fast-paced news gathering atmosphere.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Deep understanding of sports news, sports talent across all major sports.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with digital editing.
- Experience with Adibe Audition, Zetta and Galaxy a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top