Associate Producer, Talk Programming - POTUS - Part-Time
- Washington, DC
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Responsible for assisting with production of daily talk shows and assisting with newsroom duties. Must be able to quickly respond to needs within a live studio environment, whether it is running the sound board or screening phone calls. Additional duties include pulling/editing audio clips, posting clips to social media, assisting with post-production, and helping with pre-records. Incumbents of this position may be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assists Talent and Producer in studio during live broadcasts.
- May screen phone calls for quickly moving daily talk show.
- Implements daily tasks assigned from the Producer and Talent to meet broadcast deadlines.
- Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
- Works with Producers and Talent on following programming clocks to ensure that all content are featured as planned.
- Pulls audio clips from interviews and other recorded audio and posts clips to social media as assigned.
- Assists Producer with setting up pre-taped interviews and pre-show editing.
- Works with Producers to create / edit "Best of..." programs from archives of past shows for weekend or special re-broadcasting needs.
- May provide hosts with news updates and breaking stories, on occasion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in politics/news preferred.
- At least one year experience running an audio board and screening phone calls.
- One year major market or national platform production, producing, news or programming experience required.
- Knowledge of broadcast systems and experience with daily show production.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment; ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Familiarity with politics and strong journalism skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project a professional image over the phone and in person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Previous use of audio editing software.
- Operating studio sound equipment.
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and various social media networking sites.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top