Associate Producer, SiriusXM FC - Part-Time
- Washington, DC
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Works with Producers and members of the Programming team to create superior sports radio programs primarily for SiriusXM FC. The Associate Producer will work in-studio to assist in producing live shows focusing on soccer, produce imaging and promos for shows across the channel, and provide input to the content creation on shows including guest booking and topic suggestions. The AP will exercise both creative abilities and technical skills and should have in depth knowledge of all studio operations including control board, digital programming software and broadcast connections. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of content for shows.
- Collaborates in the production of programs, promos and specials.
- Researches topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content.
- Attends creative meetings and contributes to the selection of program content.
- Makes recommendations to Producers and management relating to on-air program improvement.
- Ingests audio from a variety of sources.
- Assists with scheduling program elements prior to air ensuring rotation and policies are followed.
- May independently produce segments of programs.
- Reviews program log before every show and is capable of editing program log.
- Responsible for producing and editing audio clips to be posted to social media platform.
- Operates audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
- Determines the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned show.
- Enters metadata information associated with audio into production software.
- Responsible for maintaining high broadcast standards for on-air content.
- Ensures that sound equipment is functioning properly during shows.
- Responsible for working with talent and Producers on following programming clocks to ensure all content and advertisements air as scheduled.
- Responsible for posting appropriate audio to SiriusXM On Demand catalog.
- Monitors assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Maintains database of program content for archival use.
- Produces promos for talk and live sports content.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- At least 2+ years of experience at a radio station or audio production facility.
- Strong knowledge of domestic and international soccer required.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to apply skills in a broadcast environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proficient in audio editing and familiarity with audio editing software (Adobe Audition, Audacity, One Cut, Pro Tools or equivalent).
- Familiarity with broadcast automation software (Dalet, Zetta, NextGen, Enco or equivalent).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top