Associate Producer, NASCAR
- Washington, DC
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Works with producers and members of the programming team to create superior sports radio programs primarily for Sirius XM NASCAR Radio -- SiriusXM 90. Candidate may work as a producer/board operator for sports talk shows on other channels as well and in the sports newsroom. Candidate will produce imaging for the program on which he/she is a part and create promos to promote said show(s). Supports creative processes, content development and production. Exercises both creative abilities and technical skills. Edits materials and operates an audio board. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of content for shows.
- Collaborates in the production of programs, promos and specials.
- Researches topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for hosts.
- Develops novel and creative ways to present content.
- Attends creative meetings, and contributes to the selection of program content.
- Makes recommendations to producers and management on program improvements.
- Obtains audio materials needed for production.
- Assists with scheduling program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
- May independently produce segments of large programs.
- Reviews program log before every show and is capable of editing program log.
- Is responsible for the quality of any replays of the show(s) he/she is a part of.
- Is responsible for producing and editing audio clips to be posted to social media platforms.
- Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
- Determines the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
- Dubs sound from a variety of sources (e.g., CD, DAT, LP, VHS, etc.).
- Enters clip information, music and non-music elements into audio software.
- Loads and deletes clips, and rips and edits promos and spots.
- Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Ensures that sound equipment is functioning properly during shows.
- Works with talent and producers on following programming clocks so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
- Reviews work products with supervisor.
- Monitors assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
- Edits audio (e.g., inserts additional clips, sound bites, etc.).
- Maintains database of program content for archival use.
- Assist with uploading to “On Demand”.
- Assist with creation of show promos.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- May be required to fill in for producers.
- Coordinates special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience at a radio station producing talk programming.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Strong interest in sports, as related to assigned channels / programs.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Office, Dalet, Cool Edit and Adobe Audition.
- Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
- Operating an audio board.
- Thorouh knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Proficiency with BroadView preferred.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top