Associate Music Librarian (Contractor)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
The Curation team is seeking music metadata specialists to ensure that the information in Pandora’s rapidly growing music library remains curated, consistent, and aligned to our standards. The ideal candidate will be capable writing and validating metadata at fast pace, have an exceptional eye for detail, and enjoy working collaboratively with people on Pandora’s Curation and Content Operations teams. Your mission in this role will be to validate and edit large volumes of music metadata as it’s imported into Pandora’s curated library with 100% precision. This will include verifying track and album level descriptive metadata, doing self-directed research as needed, and integrating information between spreadsheet application and Pandora’s internal content management system.
Responsibilities - what will you do?
- Expedite, process and validate album releases through Pandora’s content ecosystem - from initial ingestion to product ready.
- Correct content metadata as it’s imported in Pandora’s curated library - verifying the accuracy of automated imports and validation and edit artist, label, and track information as needed.
- Maintain the integrity, and key functions of the metadata in the curated music library by updating and resolving issues caused by incorrect, or inconsistent metadata.
- Match and reconcile existing content with newly received incoming content, controlling for content duplication, and normalization.
- Support special projects related to upcoming product launches as needed.
Requirements - who are you?
- You have extensive experience with metadata in spreadsheet applications.
- You have experience in data asset management, libraries, or digital collections.
- You have a knowledge of music metadata and content distribution.
- You have an extremely high attentional to detail, and process information quickly and with precision.
- You have the ability to use web-based resources to research music content quickly and accurately.
- Having 3+ years experience in the music ecosystem is desirable.
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Back to top