Android Software Engineer, Pandora Advertising Experience
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
We have a terrific position available for an innovative, inspired problem solver to develop high-quality software for Android devices. As a member of our mobile advertising engineering team you will have the opportunity to bring the Pandora radio advertising experience to our very large and expanding mobile customer base. We are looking for people with an interest and capability to work on advertising features and shift to projects in other areas based on future business priorities.
You will get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We hold ourselves to high standards, and take pride in our work. This is a great opportunity for seasoned engineers with experience in Java and Android application development.
You should have a good understanding of quality Java and Android application development and the associated technologies. As a member of our highly motivated team you should be dedicated to excellence and have a strong sense of personal responsibility. You place a high value on automated testing, and have experience using test frameworks for unit testing and integration testing.
- Native Android development experience 2 - 5 years
- Design, develop, unit test and deploy Android based solutions using common standards and frameworks
- Solid knowledge of Android SDK, understands the fundamentals of what makes good app design and can show examples of this
- Experience with video media playback
- Experience working on 3rd party integrations with other types of vendors
- Published apps in the play store
- Understanding of core Java and OOD
- Experience building mobile applications that utilize web-services (either HTTP based, XML-RPC, JSON or other services)
- Knowledge of VAST/VPAID specs
- Knowledge of DFP, DFA, AdMob, AdX, and any other major ad networks
- Experience with Android UI design
- Experience with consumer facing mobile application development
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience developing scalable server-side software running under Linux/Unix
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top