Analyst, Subscription Analytics
Pandora is looking for an Analyst to join the growing Pandora Subscription Analytics team in Oakland, CA. The Analyst will be responsible for condensing internal data points into key metrics around Pandora’s subscription offerings. The ideal candidate will blend strong data pipelining and visualization skills with a keen business analytics sense.
- Assist the Subscription Analytics group’s analysis efforts around subscription strategy, revenue forecasting, and KPI tracking as Subscription Analytics works in conjunction with broader Marketing, Finance, and Product analytics teams.
- Support cross-functional teams by collecting, cleaning, and maintaining data tables and data pipelines.
- Visualize, communicate and present key metrics to various stakeholders across the company.
- Provide key business insights based on subscriber trends, with a focus on cohort/segmentation analysis.
- Work closely with Finance, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure data hygiene and data tracking requirements are in place.
- Develop automated and ad hoc reports, dashboards, and models to help guide business decisions.
- Support revenue and lifetime value forecasting of subscribers across different offerings.
- Education: BA/BS in Economics, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- 2+ years post-collegiate work experience in a quantitative field in consulting, finance, or at a consumer web or mobile company
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL query languages, ideally Hive
- Experience with Tableau or similar business intelligence software
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Quantitative forecasting experience
- Power user of Excel
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Familiarity with subscription services
- Experience with R or Python
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Qualitative forecasting experience
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and applications
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
In your email, please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location or office to which you would like to apply
- The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top