Analyst Intern (Summer 2017)
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora. We are accepting students in the undergrad and graduate classes of 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Want to work in the world of advertising, sales, or marketing analytics at Pandora? We’re looking for someone passionate about music, data analytics, and using insights to help drive better business decision making. This is a position that will provide you with an opportunity to get your career off to a great start.
What’s in it for you:
- Apply your passion for data to drive deep analysis and insights within an analytics function at Pandora.
- Work closely with business partners and team members to understand processes, challenges and identify opportunities to provide data-driven insights and tools.
- Develop quantitative analysis using data extracted from Hive and other tools.
- Present analytical approach and findings to stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively to develop relationships with key stakeholders across the company in our Finance, Operations, Human Resources and Legal departments.
- Develop predictive analysis using data extracted from Hive and R.
- Create scheduled jobs that will extract data for analytic tools.
- Build out visualizations of key metrics for consumption by Marketing, Strategy, and Executive teams.
- Assist revenue analysis & planning business partners to support the sales team with general business analysis that includes, but is not limited to, RFP volume and close rate analysis, historical account spending, AE performance metrics, marketplace tempo and research to drive timely decision making.
To land this gig, you will need:
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to solve diverse problems efficiently
- Ability to work with large datasets
- Comfortable with SQL and R
- Tableau & Hive/Hadoop experience a plus
- Collaborates with team members to create useful analyses
- Strong focus on delivering insights that will lead to action
- Executes on opportunities to influence positive change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
Meet Some of Pandora's Employees
VP, Head of Music Maker Strategy & Operations
In his role, Mike is focused on opening up Pandora to music makers and helping artists maximize their use of the platform with content and live events.
Back to top