Account Executive, SMB - Pandora
- Oakland, CA
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Pandora + SiuriusXM is looking for an Account Executive on the SMB Sales team to play a critical role in developing and managing successful advertising programs for new clients. He/She will maintain ongoing relationships with these clients and grow their book of business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Your role as an Account Executive is to close net new business and retain the existing customer base which you are assigned to through renewals and other opportunities. As an SMB Representative, you are responsible for all opportunities and accounts assigned across a designated territory.
The SMB Representative team fulfills a vital role handling different kinds of sales scenarios and ultimately closing sales opportunities. Once an opportunity has been closed, the SMB Representative's job is to help manage the initial phases of post-sales support and ensure implementation is set up accordingly.
- Relationship Building -- Build effective long-term professional interactions with others based on trust: trust that they will always work toward the best interest of those involved and that they are sufficiently competent to provide positive results.
- Active Listening -- Enhance mutual understanding in communicating with others by expressing genuine interest in, and providing full attention to, the content and meaning of others' messages.
- Information Seeking -- Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for exact information; resolving discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or conducting less-focused environmental scanning for opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be used in the future.
- Influence and Persuasion -- Effective in persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing others in order to get them to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of impression, or take a specific course of action. Negotiating -- They identify key bargaining points for all parties and work effectively toward win-win solutions.
- Composure and Resiliency -- Able to deal effectively with pressure, maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic and persistent, even under adversity. They have the ability and propensity to recover quickly from setbacks, rejections, and conflicts and to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation.
- Organizational Savvy -- Gather and accurately assess information related to the organization's formal and informal communication channels and power relationships.
- Time Management -- Focus on completing all work tasks in a timely manner while remaining responsive enough to react to competing demands and shifting priorities. They are able to manage multiple responsibilities while being organized, keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks, and performing all work accurately.
- Account Executives Realization -- Increasing Sales
- Upselling -- identifying up selling opportunities
- Cross-selling -- leveraging other products from Pandora
- Strategic consultant for the customer base to uncover new opportunities
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow, and maintain a regional territory account list
- Generate new business utilizing outbound sales skills and techniques -- phone and email
- Contact a high volume of potential advertising accounts daily to understand their goals, present Pandora's advertising opportunities, overcome objections, and close business
- Track and report daily calls, proposals, and closed business
- Build, maintain, and exceed territory ad revenue vs. budget
Required Work Experience:
- Proven ability to write and communicate clearly
- Radio Advertising and/or digital advertising sales experience preferred
- Strong understanding of the advertising marketplace
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce
- Additional experience in LI Navigator and/or Outreach preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- SaaS experience preferred
- Years of Experience Required: 5 or more years' professional work experience
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Back to top