Temporary Warehouse Assistant
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for providing customer service related to inventory and shipping inquiries from Operations or Support Center associates. This position researches and responds to all inventory and shipping inquiries via phone, email, or in person, resolving any issues. This position also receives orders through eBiz, assists with picking, packing and shipping orders, and follows up on purchase orders with vendors.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Provides customer service related to inventory and shipping inquiries to Operations or Support Center. Researches and responds to inquiries via phone, email, or in person, resolving any issues.
- Receives orders through eBiz and follows up on purchase orders with vendor to ensure accurate and on-time receipt of all inventory. Prints and sorts picking and packing tickets.
- Prints accounts payable checks for the entire company.
- Coordinates new item set up in GP on behalf of other departments.
- Creates inventory/shipping related reports and provides assistance related to packing/shipping and inventory as needed.
- College degree preferred
- Some relevant work experience required
- Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda's Mission, Values, and Culture
- Knowledge of warehouse function
- Basic knowledge of inventory and shipping
- Basic analysis skills
- Computer/technical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and warehouse-related software (eBiz, GP, FedEx, Lawson check printing function)
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Communication (oral and written) and listening skills
- Time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, follow directions, pay attention to details, and multi-task
- Ability to work positively with other departments and Operations ("win/win")
- Ability to identify problems and issues and demonstrate proactive behavior
- Ability to participate in projects
- Actively participates in sharing before a group
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
The following are Panda Leadership Competencies for Associates::
- Self knowledge
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
- Career Ambition
- Integrity and Trust
- Contribute to building and sustaining the Panda mission and culture
- Complete all assigned work accurately and on time
- Positive feedback on customer service provided
- Ensures purchase orders are accurately filled on a timely basis
POTENTIAL CAREER PROGRESSION:
The following job titles or job categories are examples of potential career opportunities and are not intended as a guarantee of promotion. These career paths can change at any time.
- Associate Fulfillment Analyst
- Warehouse and office conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and climb a ladder
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top