Temporary Mailroom Coordinator
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Mailroom Coordinator is responsible for meeting the company’s mail needs by receiving all incoming packages, notifying recipients, and distributing the mail. This position coordinates company vehicle rentals. The Mailroom Assistant coordinates with other departments to prepare new store kits and packages them for delivery to the stores. This position also tracks some shipped store equipment (oil filtering machine, safe, money counter) and coordinates store equipment returns.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Responsible for meeting the company’s mail needs by receiving all incoming packages, notifying recipients, and distributing the mail. Coordinates delivery of urgent packages and reports/logs inventory item arrivals.
- Coordinates company vehicle rentals, booking car requests, checking cars in and out, and reporting any maintenance needs to the maintenance team. Follows up with associates regarding any incidents such as violation tickets and damages.
- Packs the new store kits, arranges for kit pick-up, ensures sufficient level of kit inventory, and coordinates with other departments for any special items or accommodations.
- Coordinates and tracks some shipped store equipment, such as oil filtering machine, safe, and money counter; coordinates store equipment returns with Fulfillment or Inventory Analyst.
- Provides customer service in-person and through phone calls and emails to Operations and to SC associates related to the mailroom and warehouse in a timely and courteous manner.
- College degree preferred
- Some relevant work experience required
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top