Temporary - Legal Assistant
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Legal Assistant provides administrative support to the General Counsel and Legal department. This position helps manage and prioritize the department's workflow and manages the General Counsel's calendar and travel arrangements. The Legal Assistant assists attorneys and other Legal department associates in executing documents, preparing presentations, and administering project invoices. The Legal Assistant assists with special projects as requested.
- The Legal Assistant provides administrative support to the General Counsel and Legal department. This position helps manage and prioritize the department's workflow and manages the General Counsel's calendar and travel arrangements. The Legal Assistant assists attorneys and other Legal department associates in executing documents, preparing presentations, and administering project invoices. The Legal Assistant assists with special projects as requested.
- Organizes and manages the calendar of the General Counsel and schedules travel, meetings, events, and conference calls as needed. Coordinates departmental team-building meetings and other internal events on behalf of the General Counsel.
- Provides administrative and project support to the Legal department. Coordinates team meetings and performs other administrative support, such as handling phones and department mail and maintaining the filing system. Assists with space planning and onboarding new Legal associates.
- Assists attorneys in executing documents. Prepares letters, reports, and other documents needed by the department. Reviews and prepares documents as requested by attorneys and paralegals.
- Assists the General Counsel in preparing presentations for the Leaders Conference and other company events.
- Helps manage and prioritize workflow within the department. Responds to inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Administers invoice processing, following up with vendors to clarify discrepancies and charges, and submits check requests.
- Builds relationships and provides coordination with associates within Legal and International as well as with external consultants, counsel, and vendors. Assists with special projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred.
- Minimum one year of work experience preferred.
- Preparing for paralegal certification preferred.
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top