Temporary HR Coordinator
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The HR Coordinator coordinates highly confidential and sensitive activities on behalf of the CPO/CIO and his senior leadership team. The HR Coordinator coordinates HR projects by monitoring project status, budget, and resource utilization and reports status to the CPO and other senior HR leaders. This job gathers information and research for the CPO, prepares Turnover Reports and recaps on CEO interviews and feedback. The HR Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the entertainment discount program, Panda Bookstand, and Panda Gym. This job may also perform administrative duties as required.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Provides highly confidential administrative coordination to the CPO/CIO and his leadership team. Handles invoice approval and payment and prepares CPO/CIO expense reports. Organizes the SVP's office and filing system to maximize efficiency and easy access to needed information.
- Manages the calendars of the CPO/CIO and VP, HR to maximize the use of the executives' time and accessibility. Schedules Senior HR Team meetings, ensuring participants have all necessary materials and preparing meeting notes.
- Coordinates HR projects by monitoring project status, budget, and resource utilization. Oversees the progress of multiple projects and identifies resources needed to complete projects on time and within budget. Communicates the status of projects to project leaders and stakeholders.
- Gathers information and research for the CPO and VP, HR as the basis for presentations and reports. Prepares Turnover Reports and prepares recaps on CEO interviews and feedback.
- Oversees Panda Associate entertainment discount program and Panda Bookstand to maintain an adequate inventory of tickets and build relationships with external vendors and the inventory of books used for Panda School of Learning, Panda Future Leaders Luncheon, and Panda Learning Sessions. Oversees the schedule, payment to instructors, and advertisement of classes for the Panda Gym.
- Handles associate relations calls from employees, providing Spanish translation support and preparing documentation on the calls and entering it in the EthicsPoint system.
- Coordinates smog reports for company cars and gathers information required.
- Performs administrative duties in support of HR leadership as required.
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top