Temporary Compensation/Finance Associate
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Temporary Compensation/Finance Associate position is responsible for assisting in the administration of the company's Operations base pay and bonus programs. The Compensation/Finance Associate serves as a liaison to Operations and assists with communications and data tracking related to bonus payouts. The position also works on improving the Operations bonus processes through automation, report building, and compensation analysis.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Assists in the administration of the company's Operations base pay and bonus program. Supports the Operations focal point compensation review process. Conducts compensation analyses to assist in updating the Operations base pay structure.
- Assists in enhancing the Operations compensation processes. May work with IS on automating the Operations bonus process.
- Assists with the preparation of communications on Operations compensation administration guidelines for distribution to associates to ensure understanding and appreciation of the company's compensation and pay increase program.
- Assists in the reporting & tracking of metrics related to the bonus payout and is involved in the calculation of the bonus.
- Conducts market research to ensure minimum wage compliance with state and federal requirements. Assists the Compensation Team in updating pay rates when new minimum wage laws go into effect.
- Participates in a variety of HR- and compensation-related assignments. May conduct Operations turnover analysis and prepare charts and reports as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required; CCP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Prefer one to two years of relevant work experience with a focus on HR or Finance, preferably in a retail/hospitality operations environment.
- Successful completion of annual store training.
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top