Temporary Bookkeeper - CFT
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Full-Time Temporary Bookkeeper (Accounts Payable) position is responsible for investigating property tax status after the closing of escrow and ensuring payment of property taxes. This position reviews invoices, bills, vouchers, or other documents and enters them into the applicable accounting software. The Temporary Bookkeeper (Accounts Payable) prepares journal entries to allocate future period expenses in accrual books and to record Cherng income and expenses on a monthly basis. This position is cross-trained on responsibilities of the Temporary Bookkeeper (Accounts Receivable).
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Handles accounts payable for the following: Personal, CFT, Panda Charitable Foundation, CFCT, and Investment Entities.
- Reviews invoices, bills, vouchers, or other documents and enters them into the applicable accounting software. Notifies the property management team of any payable discrepancies and obtains proper approval for payments and distributions. Manages and records daily on-line accounts payable activities.
- Responsible for Cherng quarterly payroll tax filing and year end W-2/W-3 preparation.
- Reconciles vendor accounts and investigates discrepancies. Communicates with vendors to resolve any invoice issues.
- Prepares journal entries to allocate future period expenses in accrual book. Prepares monthly journal entries to record Cherng income and expenses.
- Performs research on accounting issues and prepares proposed AJE.
- Assists monthly close by preparing and posting open AP/AR batches.
- Responsible for year-end tax form 1099 preparation.
- High school diploma and coursework in Accounting or equivalent experience required
- Minimum two to three years of relevant experience
- Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda’s Mission, Values, and Culture
- Basic knowledge of accounting processes related to Accounts Payable
- Basic knowledge of enterprise accounting systems and sub-systems related to Accounts Payable preferred
- Familiarity with retail/hospitality industry and practices preferred
- Computer/technology skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Communication (oral and written) and listening skills
- Ability to actively participate before a group
- Ability to follow directions and pay attention to details
- Ability to work positively with other departments (“win/win”)
- Demonstrates proactive behavior
- Ability to identify problems and issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites.
We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top