Temporary Benefits Coordinator
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Benefits Coordinator position is responsible for coordinating the company's benefit programs, consulting with and advising associates on eligibility, amounts of coverage, and claims procedures. This position communicates benefit information to associates, maintains benefit records and documents necessary for implementing benefit coverage, and partners with benefit vendors to provide events and services.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Coordinates the company's benefit programs, consulting with and advising associates on eligibility, amounts of coverage, and claims procedures. Communicates benefit information to associates during open enrollment.
- Maintains benefit records and files; prepares documents necessary for implementing associates' benefit coverage related to the Leave of Absence program and benefits billing. Compiles and submits periodic reports as required.
- Partners with benefit vendors to provide events such as health fairs, lunch and learn sessions, blood drives, and flu shots. Identifies and contacts appropriate vendors to participate in these events, coordinates the actual events, and obtains feedback from associates concerning their effectiveness.
- Submits payment requests for all benefit vendors and audits payments to ensure payments are correct and apply to appropriate associates. Administers the payment process with vendors to ensure their systems accurately reflect associates' status.
- Conducts training sessions at the SC and in the field for both Support Center and Operations associates to communicate the benefit options available as the basis for their making appropriate benefit selections.
- Communicates benefits information to associates and distributes approved awards/payments related to benefits programs, such as Service awards, Dependent Care Expense Account (DCEA), Leave Share, and PAAF.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field
- Minimum one to two years of HR experience
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top