Sr. Network Administrator
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
- Perform server and network administration on Windows 2000-2008, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS SQL, Back Office application servers, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) and its components.
- Maintain Network Operating System (NOS) in all networking equipment with the latest patches, service packs, and updates as recommended by manufacturers.
- Perform production operation support including log review, backup/recovery procedures and periodic maintenance.
- Diagnose and quickly resolve any networking problems to help minimize downtime.
- Deploy various in-house built web applications to both staging and production environments.
- Configuration management of various processes running Windows platform so as to enable controlled rollout of software versions with well planned back-out procedures.
- Implementation and management of storage area network (SAN), Direct Attached Storage (DAS); this includes disk array configuration and volume management.
- Provide 2nd level network hardware/software support to PAWS support and Support Center users.
- Document and maintain accuracy of standard operational procedures and best practices in areas of responsibility.
- Oversee all network-related projects - office and hosting environments. This will include installation, maintenance, and trouble-shooting of routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN appliances and local/remote data center environments.
- Conduct network system audits to determine the efficiency of hardware and communication components and make recommendations to upgrade them as required to meet business needs.
- Ensure stability, availability and performance of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Participate in the development, implementation and testing of disaster recovery procedures.
- Design network infrastructure & system requirements and make appropriate adjustments to insure business objectives are met.
- Work rotating off-hour schedule with weekend support to maintain consistent system availability.
- Bachelors of Science in a computer related field.
- 5-7+ years of hands-on network administration and support experience in a Windows Server and Desktop Operating System environments – Windows 2000/2003 Servers and Windows Desktop Operating Systems.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Windows Active Directory & LDAP. This includes proven experience configuring and maintaining site & domain level GPO's.
- Experience in administering Symantec Netbackup, VMware ESX 3.5 and higher, Quest Email Archive Manager, ESET Antivirus, & Altiris client desktop management.
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure services such as Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, IIS and SMTP.
- Proficiency in the following networking infrastructure: TCP/IP, OSI, SSL, VPN routing and switching protocols.
- Hands on experience in Cisco Systems, Bluecoat and Fortinet products.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer 2003 or higher preferred.
- Networking related CCNA and/or CCNP certification is a plus.
- Excellent technical skills in installation, setup, configuration, maintenance, support/monitor of servers, BackOffice applications and networking equipment.
- A strong desire to continually improve self and demonstrate ability to easily understand new ideas and concepts.
- Team player with high level of dedication and commitment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Results oriented and self motivated with the ability to take ownership of IT projects and deliver them on time and within budget.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while dealing with frequent interruptions and working in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to perform routine server maintenance or network emergencies during non-business hours, evenings and on the weekend.
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top