Sr. Mailroom Clerk
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Senior Mailroom Clerk is responsible for receiving, sorting, and distributing incoming packages. This position picks up outgoing daily mail, processes postage, and delivers mail to the post office. The Senior Mailroom Clerk works with the Mailroom Assistant to assist with check printing and distribution. This position assists with picking, packing, and shipping promotional and daily orders to the stores, assembling inventory kits, helping with inventory counts, archiving documents, processing store mail, and providing customer service.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming packages and mail to Support Center associates.
- Picks up and processes postage for daily mail and delivers out-going mail to the post office.
- Assists the Mailroom Assistant with printing and distributing checks.
- Receives, opens, sorts, delivers and files contents of bi-weekly store mail.
- Searches and delivers boxes containing archive documents. Assists with organizing boxes and preparing them for transfer to off-site storage. Records data and palletizes boxes.
- Provides customer service in-person and through phone calls and emails to Operations and to SC associates related to the mailroom and warehouse in timely and courteous manner.
- High school diploma required, Associate degree preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda's Mission, Values, and Culture
- Basic familiarity with mailroom functions
- Communication (oral and written) and listening skills
- Time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Ability to follow directions and pay attention to details
- Ability to work positively with other departments and Operations ("win/win")
- Actively participates in sharing before a group
- Demonstrates proactive behavior
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top