Sr. Benefits Manager
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Senior Benefits Manager position is responsible for the long-term strategy for all company benefit programs, designing programs that are market competitive and align with the business strategy. This position ensures the proper administration and communication of benefits covering health and welfare, retirement, disability, leaves of absence, life insurance, and stock option programs. The Senior Benefits Manager works with the company's benefits vendor on determining changes to the programs either to enhance them or achieve greater efficiency. This position provides recommendations on changes to the programs to ensure they remain competitive with peer organizations. The Senior Benefits Manager is responsible for leading and overseeing the Benefits team.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Leads the development of the long-term strategy for all company benefit programs to attract and retain a high-performance workforce. Develops and implements the benefits communication strategy.
- Designs benefit programs that are market competitive and align with the business strategy, including health and welfare, retirement, disability, leaves of absence, life insurance, company car, and stock option programs.
- Ensures benefit programs are properly administered and legally compliant. Conducts analysis to evaluate the rate structure and work with the benefits vendor (consulting firm) to recommend changes to benefit plans to improve coverage and/or deliver benefits more cost effectively
- Leads and manages the Benefits team, coaching and developing associates to support the company growth objectives. Works with the Director on recruiting and retaining staff.
- Provides recommendations on improving benefits based on detailed competitive analysis with peer organizations to address employee concerns and ensure the company is fully competitive. Demonstrates an understanding of the market dynamics and key competitor benefit plan design and industry trends.
- Oversees the benefits enrollment process to ensure accuracy and timeliness. Produces and audits reports to ensure that all eligible employees receive enrollment information. Creates open enrollment communication materials for associates.
- Oversees annual benefits budgeting process and provides budget oversight related to benefit costs, premiums, and claims.
- Develops and conducts training sessions for both Support Center and Operations associates to communicate the benefit options available as the basis for their making appropriate benefit selections.
- Serves on the 401(K) Committee. Partners with 401(k) advisor in gathering information on the plan and associate participation for the Committee's consideration. Provides 401(k) fund information and enrollment statistics and recommendations to assist the Committee in taking actions to improve employee participation.
- Administers the company's stock option program, determining associate eligibility and number of options for which associates are eligible; communicates eligibility and option grants to participants. Ensures proper administration of the program so that associates are able to cash out vested shares at the appropriate time.
- Bachelor's degree required; business and/or HR major preferred. MBA preferred.
- Minimum seven years of experience in HR and benefits, preferably in a retail/hospitality operations environment.
- CEEBS or equivalent certification preferred
- Successful completion of annual store training.
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top