SQL Database Administrator
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
- Implement and administer Microsoft native High Availability/Replication technologies as well as those of third parties’ in Disaster Recovery and Scale-out scenarios.
- Create, administer & fine-tune the database backup, restore and archive strategies and processes.
- Perform database performance tuning & optimization; apply server and database wide settings based on dynamic need of resources – memory, CPU & storage.
- Coordinate with the Network Administer & Developers to ensure data security & availability and meet the necessity of database setup and refresh in development/staging/QA environments.
- Monitor the database capacity and physical/logical modeling for every phase of major .NET application development.
- Design and implement indexing strategies; routinely review and refine indexing strategies; plan and apply index defragging and statistic update policies.
- Automate routine processes in SQL job agent with any combination of vendor’s script and other scripting languages; configure the notification and send out message to the owner of failed jobs for subsequent troubleshooting.
- Follow and implement SQL Server security best practices such as separate and run SQL Server services under different Active Directory accounts WHILE ALSO using Kerberos authentication.
- Define, select & monitor database performance metrics and send alerts/warnings in advance to the support department/company overall SLA; take ownership of root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with system and storage engineer to install, configure & fine-tune SQL Server on physical and/or virtual machine.
- Serve as liaison between internal partners and external vendor’s application/databases.
- This position requires on call duty on a rotating basis; this on call duty includes but is not limited to routine maintenance (upgrade & patches), application releases and other unforeseen events that may happen outside of regular office hours and weekdays.
- Bachelor’s degree major in Computer Science from a 4-year accredited college preferred.
- MCITP: Database Administrator and/or MCTS Database Specialist on SQL Server 2005/2008 (MCTS: SQL Server 2005) considered an extra bonus.
- 5 years of experience as a Database Administrator with at least 3 years dedicated as a SQL Server production DBA required.
- Solid experience (hands-on) in Transactional, Log-shipping and Mirroring replication.
- Experience supporting VLDB in production environment including proficiency in table partition design and implementation including create, switch and merge partitions.
- Solid experience in the migration of SQL 2005 to 2008 along with the installation of SQL 2005/2008 and configuration of SQL Server with best practices of storage performance.
- Exposure in 3rd party backup and performance diagnosis & monitoring tools.
- Understanding of index internal structure including solid T-SQL skills and strong understanding of SQL 2005/2008 DMVs.
- Ability to use scripting language including but not limited to PowerShell, VB, Java, and DOS batch command.
- Power user in Windows 2003/2008 and general knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Capable of communicating the fundamentals of networks and firewall strategies.
- Strong discipline of following project timelines and excellent time management skills.
- Mingle well between the best practices of technology and the business ROI.
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top