Senior Project Designer
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Senior Project Designer is responsible for creating store designs for a regional market consistent with the company’s brand standards while adhering to cost, schedule, and operational requirements. This position manages 40 – 60 projects annually. The Project Designer manages consultants and coordinates with in-house Real Estate, Project Managers, and Operations on the planning and production process of creating high quality site plan layouts and civil drawings that conform to Panda standards.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Creates store designs that meet company standards within a regional market; manages 40 – 60 projects annually. Coordinates with in-house Real Estate, Construction, and Operations in the design of new stores.
- Reviews due diligence information from Real Estate Managers as the basis for developing preliminary designs, such as floor plans and site plan evaluations.
- Provides preliminary site layout from prototypes to site specific projects for landlord and Operation team’s approval. Coordinates with consultants and Real Estate Managers to develop preliminary planning submittal packages for city review and approval.
- Hires and supervises outside consultant’s work in terms of cost and quality and approves all invoices. Manages and communicates status and schedules with consultants until permits are ready for construction.
- Directs and monitors the accuracy and schedules on consultant’s production of construction drawings. Reviews and approves civil drawings.
- Obtains approvals of preliminary designs from Project Managers, Real Estate Managers, Operations, regulatory agencies, and landlords.
- Develops conceptual design packages for city review and approval in coordination with consultants and Real Estate Managers.
- Monitors projects throughout design process and coordinates the planning process on behalf of Project Managers until final plan approval from the landlord and city.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Architecture, or Civil Engineering or related field required
- Minimum five years of architectural and construction experience and three years of design management experience in a retail/hospitality organization
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top