Restaurant Kitchen Help - Ontario Panda Inn
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
Ensure a constant and adequate supply of ingredients are prepared according to company specifications and local health regulations; assist in ensuring a clean and well-organized kitchen.
- Prepare all meats, fish and vegetables for cooking according to company specifications for size, quantity and recipe, using Chinese knife, meat slicer and food processor as needed
- Help to marinate meats and other ingredients according to Company recipe and procedure
- Ensure that all food ingredients are prepared in a safe and sanitary manner, following relevant health regulations
- Ensure that Apportioner's cold table is kept stocked with all ingredients
- Sweep, mop the floor and wipe or sanitize equipment & work surfaces as often as needed to maintain a safe and sanitary workplace
- Lift and carry containers of food items between storage, work stations and counter areas as needed to perform or to assist others in performing their duties
- Perform side jobs as assigned, and other kitchen duties involving lifting, carrying, cleaning as needed
- Assist Dishwasher at peak periods when needed
- Assist Cook(s) in replenishing supplies of spices at Cook's station
- Assist Kitchen Manager or Cook in receiving procedures, check samples for freshness/quality, lift containers into storage
We offer all full time associates:
- Progressive Compensation Package and Excellent Bonus Opportunity
- 9 or more Weeks of Comprehensive Training to prepare you for success
- On-Going Career & Leadership Development
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401 K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Associate Discounts (Panda Express, Hibachi San, Panda Inn plus Theme Parks) and free meals when you work
- Lift and carry 50 lbs vertically, stand without sitting for up to 5 hours, reach at least 36" horizontally and vertically.
- Perform repetitious cutting/slicing motions at high speed and in a safe manner using a Chinese cook's knife
- Practice good personal hygiene at all times
- Follow instructions and procedures without deviation through many repetitions and without constant supervision
- Work and respond quickly to instructions under pressure at peak periods
Kitchen work space is restricted & without seating while on duty. It is usually hot and noisy. Floors are often wet & slippery. Storage is limited & often shelving is high up. At peak periods, kitchen associates are under pressure to prepare food quickly enough to keep up with customer demand. Kitchen associates need to fetch ingredient from the cooler at 40oF and from the freezer at 0 oF, as well as lifting containers from high shelves using ladders.
Equipment Used: wok & range, deep fryer, grill, BBQ oven, steamer, food processor, meat slicer, steel food pans & serving utensils, food preparation equipment, cleaning products & equipment.
Protective Clothing Recommended: Close-toed, rubber-soled shoes, hair restraint e.g. cook's hat, rubber gloves for cleaning tasks, lifting belt, disposable "sleeves" to guard against grease splashes.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top