Restaurant Development Planning Representative
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The RD Planning Representative is responsible for providing project management for long-term planning and special projects in coordination with the Chief Development Officer. Projects include Restaurant of the Future, Panda Inn Restaurant design & guidelines and long term projects related to restaurant innovation, Leaders conference support and new concepts. This position also provides coordination for the CDO related to calendar management, travel, presentations, and RD leadership meetings. This position supports the RD Department by coordinating on boarding of new associates, leading department meetings, managing department budgets, and providing general administrative support as requested.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Provides project management for ROTF and long-term planning projects in coordination with the Chief Development Officer, coordinating project timelines and budgets involving Panda Inn Restaurant design and leaders conference special projects.
- Serves as RD project manager for new concepts for PRG
- Serves as project lead for Panda Inn and Restaurant of the Future project and coordinates all project deliverables from outside consultants
- Coordinates restaurant innovation projects involving innovation Kitchen. Responsible for creating a handbook of all innovation kitchen stores YOY and leading remodel meetings with stakeholders within RD and outside of RD.
- Coordinates projects with the outside consulting firm(s) on design research and may conduct market research as required.
- Manages RD Design budget and administers project invoice processing, following up with vendors to clarify discrepancies and charges, and submits check requests.
- Manages CDO’s calendar, travel, RD leadership meetings and annual department meetings. Coordinates office supply orders, manages space planning and onboarding for RD associates.
- Leads department team-building meetings, celebrations, and other internal events
- Assists RD leadership in preparing internal communications presentations for the Leaders Conference and other company events
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Communications, Business or related field
- Minimum three years of project management experience, preferably in the retail/hospitality industry
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top