Restaurant Apportioner - Pasadena Panda Inn
Are you Craving a Career? Ready for Growth?
COME SEE WHY PANDA MIGHT BE THE RIGHT PLACE!
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Our continued growth in this location has created new career opportunities for Management, Crew Members, and Kitchen Team Members!!! Come join us!
Summary of Job Description:
Ensure ingredients for each dish order are assembled & presented to cooks for preparation; that work is evenly distributed among cooks and that the cold table is kept stocked.
- Read the POS printout of each guest order and assemble all ingredients from the cold table
- Work with server to accommodate special guest requests
- Assign each dish to be cooked so that an order is completed in the correct sequence and in a timely manner
- Check dishes as completed for correct plating, garnish, color, aroma and sauce consistency; work with Cooks and Fry Cooks to make correction as needed
- Execute Company recipes and procedures for all dishes
- Ensure cold table is always stocked with adequate supply of ingredients; assist in preparation; ensure supply is kept fresh and in good condition
- Ensure supplies in walk-in and freezer are rotated according to First In, First Out principles and kept fresh & in good condition
- Perform opening and/or closing routines for kitchen as scheduled
- Operate all kitchen equipment (knives, slicer, processor) in a safe manner.
- Assist in mixing sauces and marinates according to Company recipes and procedures; ensure an adequate supply of these at all times
- Assists in receiving all delivered goods, check samples for freshness/quality, check delivery against order, lift containers into storage
We offer all full time associates:
- Progressive Compensation Package and Excellent Bonus Opportunity
- 9 or more Weeks of Comprehensive Training to prepare you for success
- On-Going Career & Leadership Development
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401 K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Associate Discounts (Panda Express, Hibachi San, Panda Inn plus Theme Parks) and free meals when you work
- Lift 20 lbs with one hand, stand without sitting for up to 5 hours, reach at least 36" horizontally or vertically
- Perform repetitious cutting/slicing motions at high speed and in a safe manner using a Chinese cook's knife
- Practice good personal hygiene at all times
- Follow instructions and procedures without deviation through many repetitions and without constant supervision
- Work under pressure at peak periods
Kitchen work space is restricted & without seating while on duty. It is usually hot and noisy. Floors are often wet & slippery. Storage is limited & often shelving is high up. At peak periods, kitchen associates are under pressure to prepare food quickly enough to keep up with customer demand. Kitchen associates need to fetch ingredient from the cooler at 40oF and from the freezer at 0 oF, as well as lifting containers from high shelves using ladders.
Equipment Used: wok & range, deep fryer, grill, BBQ oven, steamer, food processor, meat slicer, steel food pans & serving utensils, food preparation equipment, cleaning products & equipment.
Protective Clothing Recommended: Close-toed, rubber-soled shoes, hair restraint e.g. cook's hat, rubber gloves for cleaning tasks, lifting belt, disposable "sleeves" to guard against grease splashes.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top