Regional Marketing Manager
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The purpose of Regional Marketing is to build brand awareness and demand for Panda in local communities by forging meaningful connections with our guests that drive regional transactions and sales.
The Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for serving as a strategic business partner to Regional Directors of Operations (RDOs) and Area Coaches of Operations (ACOs) through consulting, planning and coaching these Operations leaders to successfully lead marketing initiatives that drive sales and profitability goals within their region or area.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities.
- Serves as the primary strategic business partner with RDOs to develop and review quarterly local store marketing plans (LSM) that drive the region’s sales and profitability goals and dictate how LSM budgets are spent.
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Regional Marketing to develop tools, training programs and national metrics to ensure effective delivery and execution that meets and exceeds goals.
- Educates ACOs and RDOs on the advantages of off-the-shelf marketing programs and advocates for their use. Works collaboratively with Operations leaders to ensure the effective delivery of off-the-shelf marketing programs to support focus areas such as catering, fundraising, grand openings, accelerated focus stores, and community events.
- Leads local store marketing opportunity response efforts through remote consultation, coordination of Support Center-based efforts and on-site support to drive regional sales and profitability goals.
- Provides RDOs and other Operations leaders with the marketing tools and materials necessary to successfully execute national promotions as well as local marketing efforts.
- Supports and manages the brand integrity of collateral and program material development, including copy writing and design direction.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, advertising, public relations, communications or related field
- Minimum five years of experience in Marketing, Field Marketing, and/or organizing and delivering training programs with increasing management responsibility required; direct involvement with Operations leaders required; fast casual retail/hospitality industry Marketing or Operations experience preferred
- Successful completion of annual store training
- Willingness to travel to 50%
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top