Purchasing Agent, Perishables
Panda Restaurant Group is hiring a Purchasing Agent, Perishables.
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Purchasing Agent (Perishables) is responsible for achieving optimal arrangements related to purchasing assigned perishable products such as fresh and frozen produce, ginger garlic blend, egg, and dairy products. This position executes the selection, evaluation, and negotiation for assigned PRG perishable items, ensuring that the suppliers selected fit Panda’s culture and philosophy, have the necessary capacity, provide the items at the best price and highest quality. This position assists the Manager, Purchasing in day-to-day coordination of inventory, production, and product transition and assists with sourcing new product suppliers.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Identifies suppliers for assigned perishable items and arranges optimal contracts in terms of pricing, quality, timing, and supply availability over the term of the contract. Ensures costs are within budget.
- Assists Manager, Purchasing in identifying new suppliers to support future growth. May attend supplier and industry shows to identify potential suppliers. Evaluates potential suppliers in coordination with FSQA concerning the viability of their - product and acceptability of their manufacturing facility. Assists with negotiating with new suppliers over cost and collaborates with logistics to bring product(s) into distribution.
- Maintains a strong professional relationship between suppliers and the company. Communicates with suppliers concerning all aspects of the partnership including PRG philosophy and growth plans and aligns suppliers with Panda to support company growth. Evaluates the effectiveness and fitness of suppliers to determine the company’s procurement strategy.
- Leads or supports cross-functional projects with departments such as FSQA, Product Development, Marketing, and Operations related to product specifications, quality inquiries, product recall, sourcing new ingredients, testing new products, and phasing in products within distribution.
- Assists Manager with global sourcing of perishables items for international expansion. Sets up inventory management for international operations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of experience in Supply Chain Management, preferably in a multi-unit food service and/or manufacturing organization
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top