Product Development Manager
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Product Development manager will lead the development of new menu products and promotional concept by improving supplier execution food consistency, and reducing costs focusing on Seafood and Sauces. Manage ingredient quality and consistency processes by upgrading specifications and developing K-minus (i.e. prepared) products to improve sales. Accelerate k-minus projects by combining food technology skills with restaurant knowledge. Performs the duties and responsibilities of the position consistent with the mission and values of Panda Restaurant Group, Inc.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and training to operators, suppliers and internal partners to improve ingredients as well as simplify preparation and processes
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and efficiency enhancement standards for all testing and pipeline products
- Conduct market research and competitive comparisons information of nutrition and ingredient trends
- Manage projects and ensure product testing phases are followed according to timeline
- Partner with Marketing, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance teams in the development, monitoring and execution of new products and promotional products and specifications
- Conduct food and labor cost analysis for K-Minus projects
- Participate in recipe preparation and presentations
- Implement and support new cooking equipment tests
- Identify industry trends in Asian cuisine and forecast future R&D projects
- Participate in “Product-cutting” with regional chefs, operations, and support center departments to evaluate product quality
- Leadership and development of one technician
- Undergraduate degree in food science, culinary arts or related field
- Advanced degree preferred
- 5 years manufacturing or food science industry experience, specifically practical savory and meal development experience
- Ability to translate ideas into reality and have a deep understanding of consumer needs. Experience cultivating great working relationships with Marketing
- Strong understanding of ingredient application
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of food equipment and safety standards
- ServSafe Certified
- Strong leadership and project management skills
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top