Product Development Coordinator
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
- Coordinates in-store and Support Center product testing for new products. Schedules all stakeholders involved in product testing, developing evaluation forms and analyzing test results.
- Evaluates products to ensure they meet Panda food specifications. Provides recommendations to Product Development, Marketing team, and suppliers.
- Communicates product development projects and information to cross-functional PD team; coordinates Menu Team meetings by developing the agenda and invitation and providing the team with meeting minutes.
- Manages the online recipe system by ensuring that information is accurate, updated, and communicated to Operations. Maintains recipe manual, job aids, and cost of goods information for company-wide access.
- Provides administrative support, coordinating meeting logistics and maintaining needed supplies to Product Development Team
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Food Science or Culinary Arts
- Minimum one to two years of related industry experience
- Successful completion of annual store training
- Serve Safe Certification
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top