Permit & License Specialist
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Permit & License Specialist ensures that new and existing stores are properly licensed to operate. This position manages the business license and permit process for all store locations and the store license profile in the company's license database (LicenseHQ). This position also manages corporate annual report filings for legal entities in various states and files annual reports, updating information in the LicenseHQ database.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Ensures that new and existing stores are properly licensed to operate and manages the license process for all store locations..
- Manages the business permit process for all store locations. Applies for a Certificate of Authority to do business in new states.
- Manages the store license profile in LicenseHQ database, updating license information and documents. Resolves technical issues with the software developers and provides technical support and training to users.
- Manages corporate annual report filings for legal entities in various states. Files annual reports or franchise tax reports and updates information in the LicenseHQ database,
- Prepares the license and fees account budget annually. Accurately reports expenses for the license and fee accounts
- Corresponds with state, county, and local agencies to ensure proper compliance with license and permit requirements. Resolves any issues.
- Participates in special projects related to licenses and permits and proactively seeks to improve department processes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with coursework in Accounting/Tax preferred
- Minimum three years of related or comparable experience preferably in a retail/hospitality environment
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top