At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Payroll Administrator/Accountant position is responsible for preparing account analysis, accounting entries, and payroll reports for assigned Regions to ensure information is accurately and properly reflected in the organization's financial accounting system on a timely basis. This position processes bi-weekly payrolls, prepares daily, weekly, and bi-weekly federal and state tax liability and sends daily tax liabilities to ADP.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Processes the bi-weekly and weekly multi-state payroll data. Ensures garnishment orders are properly handled. Enters, verifies, and maintains payroll information for assigned Regions. Assists with payroll data review at the end of each period.
- Processes and records ADP payroll for Special Purpose Entities. Transmits garnishment files and check print files.
- Provides customer service to Operations, responding to any inquiries related to payroll for assigned Regions. Handles incoming calls from stores in assigned Regions related to payroll issues.
- Leads quarter-end federal and state tax filing. Reconciles quarter-end tax liabilities. Maintains the BSI and Lawson tax systems governing payroll tax compliance and withholdings on a local, state, and federal basis. Ensures deduction codes are entered into Lawson for local taxes and mapped into BSI.
- Perform various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provide general ledger support.
- Handles state agency notices. Ensures submission of notices to ADP and resolution in a timely manner.
- Assists in training Associate Accountants, Bookkeeper, and Senior Clerks on processing payrolls.
- Participates in special projects and proactively seeks to improve department processes.
- Bachelor's degree required; major in Business/Accounting preferred with coursework in Accounting required; CPA desirable.
- Minimum five years of related payroll experience preferably in a retail/hospitality environment
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda's Mission, Values, and Culture
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, concepts, and practices
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise accounting systems and sub-systems/software relevant to Payroll
- Knowledge of retail/hospitality industry and practices
- Computer/technology skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Strong communication (oral and written) and listening skills
- Strong financial management and analysis skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to access data and produce needed reports for Payroll
- Ability to solve complex problems independently
- Ability to assist with projects
- Ability to train/mentor Accounting associates
- Ability to talk and share before a group
- Ability to work positively with other departments ("win/win")
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Demonstrates proactive behavior and attention to detail
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top