Part-Time Geographic Information System Analyst - Temporary
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst position is responsible for performing and analyzing site research, demographics, and mapping. This position works with Real Estate, Design, and Project Managers on finalizing RESAC packages which includes attending key project meetings. The GIS Analyst manages the Real Estate Department Geographic Information System, maintains databases in support of the GIS, and is responsible for production of maps for real estate site tours, Real Estate Committee Meetings and in support of the Long Range Planning process. The GIS Analyst position is also responsible for analysis related to Real Estate Characteristics that affect Store Performance and the development of a Real Estate Sales Forecasting mode. GIS Analyst is also responsible for Real Estate dilution estimates, “cannibalization” including the production of dilution estimates, tracking the accuracy of dilution estimates, and recalibrating the existing the dilution model.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Performs site research, demographics, and mapping. Collects, compiles, and researches information on existing locations. Prepares and coordinates Real Estate presentations.
- Performs dilution studies with the Senior RE Analysts to determine the impact of new store openings on nearby existing stores.
- Assists and prepares financial proformas and RFPs completely, accurately, and on a timely basis.
- Develops relationships with Operations, Legal, and RD. Works with RD Leadership and outside Developers, Brokers, and Retailers/Restaurants to manage relationships and perform portfolio reviews.
- Performs special projects as requested. May manage the GIS program or other department initiatives/programs, including training new REMs, assisting in updates, coordinating Long Range Planning maps, and resolving operational issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate or business or related field required
- Minimum three years of real estate experience, preferably in the retail/hospitality environment
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top