Logistics Services Manager
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Logistics Services Manager is responsible for management of Panda distribution network to ensure the uninterrupted supply of products at optimum price to all Panda restaurants. This position advises and assists the Director, Logistics Services with the identification, evaluation and selection of distributors to achieve optimal logistical solutions. The position manages, tracks, and reports all third-party providers, including distributors, on service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure compliance with contracts. This position leads Logistics Services staff involved in daily interactions with Operations, the third-party distributors, and corporate departments.
- Assists the Director, Logistics Services in the design and execution of the five-year distribution strategic plan. Performs needed analysis to support future business growth.
- Identifies and implements logistical solutions, including semi-annual distribution network optimizations, inbound freight efficiencies. and dynamic outbound routings.
- Evaluates and visits potential domestic and international third-party providers, including distributors for future RFP programs. Provides recommendations to Director, Logistics Services.
- Identifies potential logistical and distribution issues and works with purchasing agents, the Inventory Planning Manager, and distributors to assure supply to the stores.
- Leads and supports cross-functional projects with third party providers, including distributors and departments such as FSQA, Product Development, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Operations, and International to support company growth.
- Recruits, selects, and develops an effective Logistics Services team to manage strategic logistics programs and solutions. Provides leadership, coaching, and development to the team to meet the department's people planning and development goals
- Supports SCM team related to Panda international expansion and addition of new concepts by researching and recommending domestic and international logistical solutions.
- Assists the Distribution Services Manager in preparation and performance of semi-annual business reviews with distribution partners.
- Attends professional and industry related conferences and seminars to stay current with industry trends and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum five years of experience in Logistics Services with increasing management experience, preferably in a multi-unit food service distribution organization
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top