Legal Coordinator/Administrative Assistant Temporary
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Legal Coordinator/Administrative Assistant Temporary is responsible for providing administrative and paralegal support to the CFT NV Developments, LLC/Cherng Family Trust Due Diligence Manager and attorneys with real estate and corporate transactions. This position is responsible for coordinating complex, sensitive project work, and assist with the ordering/obtaining and review of due diligence items to the CFT’s Real Estate Development, Leasing, and Legal teams; and ensures accurate and timeline review and preparation of due diligence, real estate, corporate and investment documents. The Legal Coordinator also drafts contracts and other legal documents and conducts basic administrative work under the supervision of the Due Diligence Manager and/or attorney.
- Provides administrative and project management support to the Due Diligence Manager and other executives.
- Conducts legal due diligence, ordering/obtaining and reviewing all title documents, environmental reports, and in-place leases. Prepares title review, environmental review, and lease review memoranda advising on development or other issues discovered. Obtains third party consents. Reviews and processes all invoices.
- Manages escrows for purchase transactions. Assist with closing purchase transactions.
- Prepares all related-party leases (e.g., to Panda Express) and abstracts all new leases.
- Assists Due Diligence Manager and attorneys with corporate and LLC formation, organization, and maintenance and preparation of legal documents
- Organizes the Corporate Legal office and filing system to maximize efficiency and easy access to needed information.
- Manages and keep confidential all legal information and due diligence databases.
- Performs basic administrative work under the supervision of the Due Diligence Manager and/or attorneys, including preparation of contracts, letters, and other legal documents.
- Performs special projects as requested by the Corporate Legal team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum one year of relevant experience.
- Preparing for paralegal certification preferred
- Successful completion of annual store training.
- Notary public highly recommended
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top