Intellectual Property Paralegal
At Panda, we all share a common mission: “Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.” We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests’ expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation’s largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Intellectual Property (IP) Paralegal assists the IP attorney in the management of the domestic and international trademark portfolio. This position conducts preliminary trademark clearance searches. The position also prepares and files U.S. trademark applications and monitors their status. The IP Paralegal researches infringement matters and drafts cease and desist letters and settlement agreements when appropriate.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job’s duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Assists the IP attorney in the management of the company’s domestic and international trademark portfolio. Conducts legal research and special projects in support of Corporate Legal (Intellectual Property).
- Coordinates and corresponds with international, Marketing, local counsel on trademark matters. Conducts preliminary trademark clearance searches.
- Prepares and files U.S. trademark applications and monitors their status. Assists in domain name registration.
- Researches infringement matters, and drafts cease and desist letters and settlement agreements when appropriate.
- Monitors and reviews the domestic and international watch notices.
- Assists with due diligence and other intellectual property issues related to joint ventures and other transactional matters.
- Reviews outside counsel and other vendor invoices for accuracy and process payment of same according to standard internal processes.
- JD degree or Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certification
- Minimum three years of relevant experience, including at least one year of intellectual property experience
- Successful completion of annual store training.
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top