HR LOA Coordinator
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The HR LOA Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the company's leaves of absence. This position coordinates Family Medical Leave (FMLA) and other LOA requests to ensure that claims are processed within the company's service standards on a timely basis. This position reviews the LOA requests based on established criteria, processes the request, and informs HR and Operations management concerning any issues requiring resolution.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Coordinates the company's leaves of absence, including FMLA, on-FMLA medical, military, workers' compensation and personal leaves.
- Processes LOA requests on a timely basis based on the company's policies and legal requirements governing such leaves. Maintains the confidentiality of all LOA requests and actions.
- Uses the company's LOA system to generate reports tracking leave of absence requests and approvals.
- Coordinates with payroll concerning eligibility, hours, and pay issues.
- Coordinates with third party disability administrators as appropriate.
- Identifies and keeps HR management informed of any ongoing or outstanding leave issues that require higher level support and guidance for resolution.
- Communicates decisions and on-going expectations to associates with approved leaves.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum one to two years of administrative work experience; HR experience preferred
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top