At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The HR Compliance Coordinator position partners with SupportCenter HR and internal client groups to keep compliance, including I-9compliance, as well as, HR standards and policy for new hires and existing PRGstaff within corporate departments. Thisposition proactively interacts with our corporate teams on a timely basisensuring successful standards and guidelines are met.
- The HR Assistant proactively works with teams in a call center environment, as wellas, with in-person and email communications focused on HR department needs thatinclude I-9 compliance, compliance training, onboarding, and answeringquestions with an HR partner.
- Conducts phone calls and professional interactions with PRGmanagement.
- Tracking of data and creating reports using PRG software andMS Excel, as well as, data analysis.
- May conduct I-9 and E-verify onboarding assistance, to ensure retention of new associates.
- Assists in supporting Support Center departments, working withthe HR Reps, Managers, and Director as needed.
- The HR Assistant collaborates with the Learning & Development department to assist them in developing compliance training materials for Operations and Support Center associates and providing training.
- Coordinates with associates on their providing acceptable types of work authorization documents. Helps educate associates and managers on the importance of timely and accurate completion of I-9 forms and E-Verify cases.
- Coordinates audit procedures and follow-up on outstanding compliance tasks to support compliance program initiatives. Reviews I-9 and E-Verify documentation and helps identify areas for correction.
- Monitors for legal compliance updates and brings to the attention of HR management.
- Assists in the creation of presentations, spreadsheets, and reports related to I-9/E-Verify compliance as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or relatedfield required
- Minimum three years of experience in and HR role,corporate recruiting or call center environment; or one to two years ofadministrative work experience; HR experience preferred
- Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- HR focused background
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication, listening, and assessment skills
- Ability to work effectively with senior leaders
- Ability to influence others, facilitate processes, and coach/advisemanagers
- Successfully onboard new hires to ensure retention
- Contribute to building and sustaining the Panda mission and culture
- Effective coordination of compliance projects on a timely basis
- Timely and accurate response to associate inquires
PandaRestaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values,highlighted on the Panda websites. Werecommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission andValues, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly EffectivePeople, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top