At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The HR Administrator is responsible for administering the company's I-9 and E-Verify compliance program, assisting with educating managers and associates on the importance of timely and accurate completion of I-9 forms and E-Verify. This position administers the daily review of all I-9s and E-Verify cases for compliance with government rules and regulations and contacts associates to verify or re-verify authorization to work in the US. This position collaborates with Learning & Development to assist them in developing compliance training materials for Operations and Support Center. The HR Administrator collaborates with the Manager of HR Compliance to ensure that the company's I-9 and E-Verify policies and procedures are implemented and documented. This position gathers documentation and information requested by internal, external, and regulatory auditors and authorities related to an audit, examination, or inquiry.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Administers the company's I-9 and E-Verify compliance program. Oversees preparation of compliance reports and gathers documentation and information requested by internal, external and regulatory auditors and authorities related to an audit, examination, or inquiry.
- Collaborates with the Manager, HR Compliance to ensure that the company's I-9 and E-Verify policies and procedures are implemented and documented.
- Performs internal reviews and identifies compliance issues for attention by leadership.
- Assists the Manager of HR Compliance with developing risk management strategies to avoid non-compliance.
- Researches and monitors changes in immigration compliance regulations and brings them to the attention of the Manager.
- Assists with educating managers and associates on the importance of timely and accurate completion of I-9 forms and E-Verify cases. May participate in regional HR training meetings and other training projects. Provides internal and external customer service related to I-9/E-Verify compliance.
- Collaborates with Learning & Development to assist them in developing compliance training materials for Operations and Support Center associates and providing training.
- Administers audit procedures and follow-up on outstanding compliance tasks to support compliance program initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Human Resources
- Minimum three years of HR compliance experience; audit experience preferred
- Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top