Founded in 1985 by Tetsushi Mizokami, Uncle Tetsu is aninternational Asian-inspired bakery best-known for its original JapaneseCheesecakes. There are over 80 Uncle Tetsu locations across the world, eachproviding guests with its signature sweet and fluffy cheesecakes marked withthe infamous Uncle Tetsu character stamp. For more information on Uncle Tetsu,visit uncletetsu-us.com
The Head Baker is responsible for store baking and dessert preparation, under the guidance of the General Manager/Assistant Manager, with accountability for:
- Training store associates on bakery menu preparation and packaging and on food safety
- Delivering exceptional guest experience
- Achieving store financial targets
- Overseeing all dessert preparation and ensuring freshness and quality of products, including taste tests for all items on a daily basis
- Ensuring that all daily special orders, including catering, are prepared and charged for.
- The Head Baker assists the General Manager in the successful operation of a single Uncle Tetsu store in fulfillment of the Panda 2020 vision.
- We offer all Full-Time Associates:
- Progressive Compensation Package and Bonus Opportunity.
- Paid Training to prepare you for success.
- On-Going Career & Leadership Development.
- Medical and Dental Insurance.
- 401 K with Company Match.
- Paid Time Off Associate Discounts and free meals when you work.
- Opportunities for growth into Management positions.
- Some high school
- Minimum of 2 years Operation experience required
- Must pass Cooking Test annually
- Serve Safe certified
- Local/municipal requirements, such as Food Handler certification, acquired at applicant's own expense
The following job titles or job categories are examples of potential career opportunities and are not intended as a guarantee of promotion. These career paths can change at any time.
- General or Assistant Manager
If you are currently a Baker for Uncle Tetsu and are interested in a promotion to the Cook position, please speak with your General Manager. Please note that promotional opportunities are based on business needs for the stores in your area/region, which may or may not include your current store.
For a complete description of the Cook position, including training requirements for promotion, visit the Panda Ops Manual on PAWS; then click Human Resources.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top