Full Service Restaurant Server - Universal City Wasabi
Are you Craving a Career? Ready for Growth?
COME SEE WHY PANDA MIGHT BE THE RIGHT PLACE!
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Our continued growth in this location has created new career opportunities for Management, Crew Members, and Kitchen Team Members!!! Come join us!
Summary of Job Description:
- The server plays a critical role in serving guests quickly, efficiently and with complete knowledge of food and beverage menus. Offers superior guests service and maintains station in a clean and orderly manner throughout their shift.
a) To ensure the guests feel welcome and taken care of; wow them with exceptional services
b) To ensure proper table manner
c) To maximize sales opportunities
- Ensure that all guests are greeted in a timely, friendly, and professional manner
- Explain to guests about our offerings, the holiday menu/ specials. Recommend seasonal menu, suggestive sell additional items- drinks, soup, appetizers, dessert
- Be the Server of choice- Frequent request by guests to be the server. Remember regular guests' names and orders
- Work with the Kitchen Staff to meet any special requirements for ingredients and preparation of food
- Ensure timely delivery of the guest's order when ready in the kitchen and prepare it as necessary with garnishes, sauce
- Kept guests informed of the status of their food and drink orders if not available immediately
- Execute the proper placement of dishes on the table
- Execute the proper wine opening and serving procedures
- Execute the proper service standards- removal of plates, replacing dirty plates
- Engage the guests in small talk while serving them to enhance their dining experience
- Know the proper time to offer services- Do not interrupt guests while they are having conversation
- Anticipate guest's needs prior to them asking- condiments, water/tea refill…etc
- Ensure quality check backs are done in a timely manner, to ensure everything is satisfactory and respond promptly to any request or complaint, seeking the manager's help as needed
- Present check at the end of the meal, take and process payments in cash or credit card using Company procedures
- Assist bussers and other servers as needed, especially during busy periods
- Make sure that dining room area is kept clean and free of trash at all times; clean up spills promptly anywhere in dining room; remove or alert management to any safety hazard
- Do opening or closing routines for dining room and work stations as needed
We offer all full time associates:
- Progressive Compensation Package and Excellent Bonus Opportunity
- 9 or more Weeks of Comprehensive Training to prepare you for success
- On-Going Career & Leadership Development
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401 K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Associate Discounts (Panda Express, Hibachi San, Panda Inn plus Theme Parks) and free meals when you work
- High school graduate
- Restaurant experience a plus
- Must be 18 year of age to carry alcoholic beverages
- Have a clean, neat appearance & good personal hygiene at all times
- Have a courteous, enthusiastic style of communication. Ability to communicate with guests fluently
Panda Inns represent a fine dining experience. Dining room may be crowded at peak periods. Speed is essential in serving customers at any time. There is no provision for sitting down while on duty. Passage ways between dining room & kitchen may be narrow. Work in close proximity to hot surfaces & sharp tools.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
VP, Information Systems
As VP of Information Systems, Bryan oversees Panda’s infrastructure, network, and security. He makes sure each employee at Panda understands how best to use Panda’s technology to their advantage.
Back to top