Full Service Restaurant Host / Hostess - La Palma Panda Inn
Are you Craving a Career? Ready for Growth?
COME SEE WHY PANDA MIGHT BE THE RIGHT PLACE!
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Our continued growth in this location has created new career opportunities for Management, Crew Members, and Kitchen Team Members!!! Come join us!
Summary of Job Description:
- Hostess plays a critical role in the restaurant as they are the one who give our guests the first and the last impression of the restaurant and a large part of the night's effectiveness is orchestrated from hostess able to run a smooth shift.
a) To ensure the guests feel welcome and taken care of; wow them with exceptional services
b) To ensure the smooth turnover of tables, effective seating of guests and maximize the usage of the table
c) To ensure guests have exceptional dining experience with take out orders
- Greet and welcome guests promptly and warmly; provide menus and seat the party, using good judgment to ensure tables are distributed evenly among service stations
- Guide the party to their tables, carrying drinks if needed, and seat guests courteously
- Answer immediate questions about the menu, beverages etc., and alert the servers of any special needs
- Able to guide guests to create a balanced flavored meal, and has thorough menu knowledge (Taste profiling , ingredients, sauce)
- Suggestive selling and maximize sales opportunities
- Accommodate special seating needs, such as extra chairs, booster seats and high chairs for children
- Answer telephone, take messages, take & confirm reservations, pre-plan seating for balanced stations and take "to go" orders
- Ensure 100% accuracy of the order and special requests/needs of the guests. Assist kitchen staff in assembling "to go" orders, present the order to the guests, take and process payments
- Respond to any requests or complaints, seeking the help of the servers or manager as appropriate
- Assist servers in serving beverages, wine, cocktails
- Perform opening or closing routines as scheduled, including cleaning tasks in the front desk/lobby area
- Perform any cleaning tasks as required to assist the servers in maintaining clean and safe dining room
- Perform side jobs or miscellaneous administrative tasks as needed & assigned by General Manager or Assistant Manager
We offer all Full-Time Associates:
- Progressive Compensation Package and Bonus Opportunity
- Paid Training to prepare you for success
- On-Going Career & Leadership Development
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401 K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Associate Discounts and free meals when you work
- Opportunities for growth into Management positions
- High school graduate
- Restaurant experience a plus
- Must be 18 year of age to carry alcoholic beverages
- Have a clean, neat appearance & good personal hygiene at all times
- Have a courteous, enthusiastic style of communication. Ability to communicate with guests
Panda Inns represent a fine dining experience. Dining room may be crowded at peak periods. Speed is essential in serving customers at any time. There is no provision for sitting down while on duty. Passage ways between dining room & kitchen may be narrow. Work in close proximity to hot surfaces & sharp tools.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Panda Restaurant Group's Employees
Victoria leads the day-to-day operations at Panda’s Innovation Kitchen, where she makes sure both the customer-facing and back-end processes of the store are running smoothly.
Back to top